Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Feta and eggplant salted pie (tarte à l'aubergine et à la feta)

I hear you : A pie ? Once gain ? ... Yes, but believe me when I say this pie is unbelievably simple and excellent !

Eggplants are good, ok, but for me and my gnomes, they don't replace french fries or pizza or pasta.
That's said.

And most of all, I had the feeling I made all the kind of recipes possible with them.

I was wrong.
Now, when I'll think "eggplant", I'll think to this pie.

No, it's untrue. I'll think to my friend's fabulous Eggplants alla Parmegiana.
Because they were exceptional. But they require time and patience... and enough money to bribe your children, to make them clean the kitchen after.

And at the moment, regarding money, I'm a beggar.

This pie is perfect for fast meal. You don't have time to lose and eggplant in your fridge ? Do this. Please.

Here what you'll need :
  • 2 eggplants or 1 enormous, but enOOrmous.
  • 2 eggs
  • 200 grams of feta (sheep's cheese)
  • 3 tablespoon of milk
  • 1 pie crust
  • Some basil
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / th 6)


Step 1 : 
Cut eggplants in small pieces and make them cook for 15 minutes in olive oil (a lot. I won't lie to you. Eggplants drink olive oil as E.A Poe drunk alcohol ... But they are less inventive, I admit) on a low fire. They must be tender. 


Step 2 : 
During this time, whisk eggs and incorporate cheese and basil cut too.




Step 3 : 
Then add milk. 


Step 4 : 
When your eggplants are cooked ...


... pour them into the unrolled pie and cover with the eggs/cheese preparation. 


Let it cook for 30-40 minutes. That's it. 


Recapitulative : 
  • 2 small eggplants or 1 enormous
  • 2 eggs
  • 200 grams of feta (sheep's cheese)
  • 3 tablespoon of milk
  • 1 pie crust
  • Some basil
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / th 6)

Cut eggplants in small pieces and make them cook for 15 minutes in olive oil, on a low fire. They must be tender. 

During this time, whisk eggs and incorporate cheese and basil cut too.

Then add milk. 

When your eggplants are cooked, pour them into the unrolled pie and cover with the eggs/cheese preparation. 

Let it cook for 30-40 minutes. 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Axelle,
    Your pie looks gorgeous! I love it that you've used eggplants! I love eggplants but have never tried them in a pie before! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce ! I like eggplants too, but I have to say thy are not my favorite vegetable :)
      WIth this pie, that's okay :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Axelle-This looks declicious! I really enjoy eggplant and moussaka is yummy. This looks not the same but could be a variation of something to enjoy instead of moussaka. I shall give this a try....we are about to come into a lot of eggplant. Thank you for posting this. Regards-Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jamie, I reply to you only now, I don't know why I did not see your comment ! If you've got a lot of eggplants, you can try this recipe ! Eggplants need some fantasy !! :)

      Delete
  3. I love eggplant. Will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete