Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nutella's cake (gateau au nutella)

When I talked to a friend about this cake, she replied :
"Uuurgh, Nutella is full of calorie and palm oil ! I don't gave it anymore to my children !"

...

Okay.

So if you think as my friend, go your way, guys, this recipe is not for you.

But, if you're like me, a bad mother and a bad world resident, just give it a try.

Of course, after, you'll need to run 30 kilometers, swim for one hour and jump to the top of the Empire State Building to lose those cruel and naughty calories !

Or, idem : if you're like me, you'll cry, send your guiltiness packing, go ahead anyway and end on your sofa thinking that life is too short and you'll be skinny when your bones will be in your grave !

C'est la vie !

BUT ..
I wanted to try it for a long time. I'm honest with you, my daughter, who is a Nutella's expert, just regret to not feel enough the nut's paste.
Strangely, VERY STRANGELY, it's a very "light" chocolate cake.
It's not an heavy one. That's for the good point.
The "bad" point is that it's not a real nutella's cake.

Please, try it and give me your point of view.

Here what you'll need for this cake :
  • 150 grams of flour
  • 100 grams of butter (yeah, baby : if you decide to prepare a NUTELLA'S CAKE, don't try to avoid fat, right ?!)
  • 110 grams of white sugar (yeah, baby : if you decide to prepare a NUTELLA'S CAKE, don't try to avoid sugar, right ?!)
  • 125 grams of natural yogurt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • and the STAR : 9 tablespoon of Nutella ... (yeah, baby : if you decide to prepare a NUTELLA'S CAKE, you'll need NUTELLA, right ?! ...)

Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / Th6)

Step 1 : 
In a large bowl or in your robot, beat eggs and sugar.


Step 2 : 
Add yogurt, melted butter et stir together.



Step 3 : 
Pour flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir again.



Step 4 : 
Finally, nine gorgeous, generous Nutella's tablespoon... And whisk.


In the oven for 30 minutes.


Step 5 :
After those 30 minutes, recover your cake with an aluminum sheet and in the oven for 10 minutes more.


Just the perfect texture. Let it cool totally and ...


Bon appétit !




Recapitulative :
  • 150 grams of flour
  • 100 grams of butter 
  • 110 grams of white sugar 
  • 125 grams of natural yogurt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 9 tablespoon of Nutella 
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / Th6)

In a large bowl or in your robot, beat eggs and sugar.

Add yogurt, melted butter et stir together.

Pour flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir again.

Finally, Nutella's tablespoon... And whisk.

In the oven for 30 minutes.

After those 30 minutes, recover your cake with an aluminum sheet and in the oven for 10 minutes more.

6 comments:

  1. This nutella cake looks absolutely delicious, I agree with you, let's enjoy life (and I am going to go eat a bit of coconut chocolate right now, to enjoy life, too ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're so right !! WHy do we have to go without some easy, fast and simple life's pleasure ?? ... Let's just take a biggest piece of your coconut chocolate cake, Dr ! :D

      Delete
  2. Dear Axelle-I have seen these nutella cake recipes for a while. You have persuaded me to make this one. Because I am a FUN mother and serve it to my children. Breakfast: nutella on a hamburger bun and a cup of coffee. Milk for the children. Yum. This cake will be wonderful, I know. Regards-Jamie p.s. Did you see my sea-side order of thon a la provence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELCOME IN MY NOT-PERFECT-MOTHERS-WORLD , Jamie !! :D
      And your breakfast looks perfectly decadent !
      Please, let me know if you liked it or if you (and your family) had the same feeling as my daughter : not enough nutella's taste !
      Of course, I saw your oder and it was perfect ! Do you think I could send you a small Pastis bottle, in USA ? If you tell me I can, just write to me and give me your adress, I'll send you one, promise !

      Delete
  3. How can you go wrong with cake? This does look delicious. love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jep : NOTHING IS WRONG WITH NUTELLA !!!! ;D
      Except calory, maybe... But I won't be skinny anymore ! SO ... let's eat a piece of this :D
      Very friendly.

      Delete